THERE HAS BEEN NO CHANGE IN THE MOODY ISD PK 3 & PK 4 PROGRAMS. A DECISION WILL BE MADE BY MID JULY 2019 CONCERNING THESE PROGRAMS AND ANY CHANGES TO COST AND ELIGIBILITY. IT IS ANTICIPATED THAT ADMINISTRATION WILL RECOMMEND A MODEST FEE INCREASE FOR BOTH PROGRAMS BASED ON OUR 2019-2020 BUDGETED COSTS TO RUN THESE PROGRAMS EFFECTIVELY.
THE DISTRICT IS WAITING ON RESULTS OF A NEW HEAD START GRANT APPLICATION THAT WAS PRESENTED THROUGH OUR REGION 12 SERVICE CENTER. THE RESULTS AND ANY NEW MONEY FROM THE GRANT WILL NOT BE RELEASED TO APPLYING DISTRICTS UNTIL SOMETIME IN JULY. WE HAVE CHOSE TO NOT MAKE CHANGES UNTIL WE GET THIS INFORMATION.
CURRENT PK PROGRAMS WILL FOLLOW OUR 18-19 FORMAT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
At this time Moody ISD does not accept transfers for our PK program.
Pre-K3 & Pre-K4
Students who qualify for Pre-K3 and Pre-K4 are free. The district receives state funding for these students when they are in attendance. Attendance accountability is required.
Pre-K3/Pre-K4 Free Tuition Eligibility Requirements:
* Have a limited ability to speak and/or comprehend the English language, or
* Homeless; or
* Whose family income allows the child to qualify for free or reduced lunch; or
* Are children of active duty uniformed members, which includes parents or guardians, of
the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force or Coast Guard who are assigned to duty station
in Texas or who are Texans who have eligible children residing in Texas; or
* Are children of Guard and Reserve-Activated/Mobilized uniform members of the Texas
National Guard-Army or Air Guard or the Activated/Mobilized members of the Reserve
Components of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force or Coast Guard who are Texas
residents regardless of the location of the reserve unit; or
* Are children of an Active Duty Service member/Mobilized Reservist/Guardsman who was
injured or wounded while serving on active duty, also qualified; or
* Are children of military parents who are missing in action or who have died.
Information Needed for Registration:
Proof of residence within the district
Child's official birth certificate
Child's immunization record
Child's social security card (if available)
Proof of income (pay stubs/food stamp case number or TANF)
Picture ID of parent/guardian